We all lead busy lives, but sometimes I find things are a little less hectic if I plan ahead. So when time allows, I try really hard to get organised. This week I've been trying to make the cards that I'll need for those special times that are coming over the next couple of months. Mothers' Day is one of those occasions.
Here's a card I've just finished. What do you think? It's a bit different to anything I've made before but I'm really pleased with the result. Not really made with ease of postage in mind, but definitely made from the heart!
I started off by making what i thought would be a cross over card base - the final size was a 7 inch square. But because of all of the embellishments I could foresee problems in standing up the finished product, so to give it more rigidity I mounted it on to a 7 inch square card base.
I picked coordinating papers for the front and inside the pocket and I also made a coordinating postcard to slip inside.
I embellished it with ribbon, pearls on a string, vintage lace, lots of flowers, a couple of MDF embellishments and a couple of butterflies that I had die cut along with the Mothers' Day topper - both of which are from Tonic.
It looks very complicated but in fact, it wasn't - it just took some time to build up.
I'd love to know what you think.
Thanks for popping by!